Several ways to stay in U.S. if you cannot get H-1B

If you have prepared all H1B materials (also known as h1b签证材料), but still can’t get the H1B visa (also known as h1b签证), the F1 status will soon expire. In 2019, H1B will experience H1B reform (also known as h1b改革), the H1B denied rate will increase, H1B extension (h1b 延期) may be even harder to apply, so it is better to consult immigration lawyer (also known as 移民律师) before you apply. As long as you meet the corresponding requirements, you can consider converting to other status and stay in the US. Here are some types of visas for your reference:

1) J-1 visa

Exchange Visitor Visa: A non-immigrant visa issued to the United States for approval by the US Department of State for the Exchange-Visitor Programs, allowing visiting scholars to conduct short-term studies, academic visits, or research work. All kinds of foreign exchanges, so it is also known as the J-1 visiting scholar visa. Most Chinese students meet the basic conditions of J-1. J-1 visa holders can work for employers who meet specific requirements.

2) O-1 visa Distinguished Talent Visa: A non-immigrant visa that holders typically have an extraordinary ability in science, art, education, business, sports, and film and television. As with the H-1B visa, the O-1 visa must also be submitted by the employer.Compared with the H-1B visa, the benefits of the O-1 visa (o1签证)are: no salary standards and academic qualifications; unlimited quotas; wider occupational areas; relatively loose requirements for employers; unlimited extensions; . 3) L-1 visaThere are two types of L-1 visas: L-1A multinational company manager and supervisor visa, L-1B professional technician visa. Details can be found in the “L1 Multinational Executive Visa” section. If your status is about to expire and you are in a multinational company with a management or technical position, you can apply for an assignment to an overseas branch, work overseas for more than one year, and apply for an L-1 visa to return to the United States. L-1 visas generally do not have quota restrictions, and visa holders are also allowed to have immigration preferences. L-1A visa holders can apply for EB-1C multinational executives or manager green cards. 4) F-1 visaStudent visa: For example, only undergraduate students can read a master degree from STEM and apply for OPT and H-1B after graduation.

5) Professional Immigration Green Card: EB-1/EB-2/EB-3EB-1 is also known as the “Outstanding Talent” immigrant, divided into EB-1A, EB-1B and EB-1C. EB-1B’s “outstanding talent” refers to a distinguished professor or researcher. EB-1C’s “outstanding talent” refers to a multinational company executive or manager, both of which require an employer’s application. EB-1A is a special talent that does not require an employer to apply. As long as you are sufficiently good in your industry, you can submit your application. Seeing this, does it feel that life is full of hope? If the F1 status is about to expire and the H1B status is not necessarily available, you can consult your h1b lawyer or a professional immigration attorney.

Related Articles